If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact email@example.com.
The Information CEEOL collects
To facilitate your access to the CEEOL archive, we may collect personally identifiable information. This may be information that you provide as well as automatically gathered information.
a) Information you provide may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Educational and professional background information;
- Usernames and passwords or other authentication methods, such as Shibboleth;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit;
- Interests and communication preferences.
To access the content on CEEOL and make use of our services, we ask you to register for an account and therefore to fill out and submit a registration form. This form may request additional information. We also require users to agree to our Terms and Conditions of Use
b) Automatically collected information
- Internet Protocol ("IP") address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier ("UDID") and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") click stream data, including date and time stamp, referring and exit URLs, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the Service; and
- For location-aware services, the physical location of your device in order to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
We may use and disclose information that does not reveal your identity or permit direct association with any specific individual, such as browser and device information, anonymous usage data and aggregated information, for any purpose, except where we are restricted by law. If we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
You can control cookies through your browser's settings and other tools. However, if you block certain cookies, you may not be able to register, login to the service, access certain parts of the aervice or make full use of the service. We do not involve advertisers, who may place a cookie on your browser, in the operation of our site.
Use of the Information
We use the personal information you provide in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was intended to be used:
- to facilitate your use of the CEEOL website;
- to respond to your inquiries and requests about CEEOL;
- to improve the design of our site and for system administration;
- to provide any kind of support (technical, product support or other) and keep services working and secure;
- to provide you with product service announcements, special offers, promotions, surveys and other information about our services, products and events of ours, our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties such as societies and sponsors;
- to send newsletters;
- for troubleshooting purposes;
- to identify and analyze usage trends (for research, audits, reporting and paying royalties to third party content providers);
- to enable us to respond to uses of the CEEOL archive in violation of the CEEOL Terms and Conditions of Use;
- to, in aggregated form, track and analyze site usage.
- Furthermore, we may use your name, statement, comment and affiliation in marketing announcements, newsletter or conference presentations in connection with postings you may make that are available to the general public on www.ceeol.com (including, but not limited to statements made on the CEEOL pages on Facebook and/or twitter).
We may on occasion also match or combine the personal information that you provide with information that we obtain from other sources or that is already in our records, whether collected online or offline or by predecessor or affiliated group companies, for the purposes described above.
If you want CEEOL to stop using your personal information, see the “Opting Out” paragraph below.
We have appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial measures in place to prevent unauthorized access to the information we collect online. We nonetheless recognize that third parties may obtain access to information through unlawful actions, and thus do not promise that your information always will remain private, despite our efforts and the importance we place on maintaining your privacy. In addition, we do not claim any responsibility for information collected by or from websites linking to or from www.ceeol.com. In the event that we discover or are notified of a security breach where personal information is at risk, we will notify you electronically if we have your email address. If you do not wish to be notified via email in the event of a breach, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Except in special circumstances, outlined below in compliance with legal proceedings, CEEOL does not share personal information about individual users. CEEOL does share general usage data in aggregated form so that no personal information is identifiable to participating libraries, publishers, and the general public. CEEOL will provide you all of your personal information provided at registration (where applicable) on request. To request copies of all your collected personal information, please email us (email@example.com).
Disclosure of your personal information
CEEOL may disclose personal information
- if required to do so by law;
- if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to comply with the law or a legal proceeding;
- to protect against violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use;
- to protect and defend our rights and property or the rights and property of contributors to the CEEOL archive;
- to detect, investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees or others.
CEEOL provides COUNTER-enabled statistics to institutional customers. These statistics give some indication on downloads per IP address within the IP range of the institution . In the exeptional case that one IP address is linked to only one user, this may allow the reader of the statistics to draw a conclusion about this person.
Access to your Information and Accuracy
CEEOL may allow registered users to access their account information and make corrections or updates upon log in at any time. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. You may also request access to other personal information about you that may be held (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Data Retention, Opting Out
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. CEEOL will remove you and your personal information from our database on request. Please note that this may cancel your access to the CEEOL archive. To remove your personal information, please email to email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Central and Eastern European Online Library GmbH
Offenbacher Landstrasse 368
D-60599 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49 (0)69-686025-0
Fax: +49 (0)69-686025-29